We are pleased to announce that Reuters has been awarded five Best in Business Awards by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers. These awards, which honor excellence in business and financial journalism across all platforms, reflect the success of our efforts in on-the-ground news coverage, investigations, and ground-breaking commentary. The awards will be presented on Saturday, March 17, in Indianapolis.
Our award winners:
- Reuters coverage of the Libyan revolution, which included scoops on Gaddafi’s death and the capture of his son, was selected as a winner in the Breaking News/International category.
- Scot Paltrow’s investigation into banks’ use of robo-signing won in the Explanatory/News Agency category.
- Paltrow also picked up an award in the Feature/News Agencies category for “The Congressman with Banks on the Side,” which exposed how Representative Phil Gingrey has flouted House ethics and financial disclosure rules for years.
- Jack Shafer’s feisty and funny media columns received an award in the Opinion & Column/News Agencies category.
- Breakingviews agenda-setting commentary won in the Opinion & Column/Digital category.
You can view the full list of SABEW Award winners here.
Congratulations to all who contributed to these exceptional stories!