Introducing Reuters TV
Today we announced the launch of Reuters TV, a new YouTube channel featuring 10 news, commentary and analysis programs covering hard news, finance, politics, technology and special Reuters investigations. The programming will appear on Reuters.com and on Reuters redesigned YouTube channel.
Reuters is the biggest news provider among the nearly 100 partners YouTube is working with as it creates original Internet-based programming and reinvents itself as a channel-based video site. The new shows were developed by television news veteran and Reuters global executive producer Barclay Palmer.
The following 10 programs will feature highly produced reports and commentary from many of Reuters award-winning, nearly 3,000 journalists around the world:
- Reuters Investigates, featuring investigative journalism and special reports from around the world, in coordination with Reuters award-winning Enterprise unit;
- The Trail, with Reuters political reporters covering the presidential candidates on the campaign trail;
- Felix TV, with Reuters finance blogger Felix Salmon, named by Time magazine one of the Top 25 financial bloggers;
- Media Bite, featuring Peter Lauria, editor of technology, media & telecommunications, and his team of reporters covering a media world experiencing massive change;
- Tech Tonic, with Anthony De Rosa, Reuters Digital’s social media editor, dubbed by The New York Times “the undisputed king of Tumblr”;
- Freeland File, with Reuters Digital editor Chrystia Freeland interviewing top newsmakers;
- Fast Forward, hosted by Chrystia Freeland and featuring Reuters’ top commentators and journalists, including David Rohde, Reuters columnist, author and two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize; Rob Cox, US editor of Breakingviews; Bethany McLean, Reuters columnist, Vanity Fair contributor and author; David Cay Johnston, tax expert, author and Pulitzer Prize winner; Geraldine Fabrikant, Reuters columnist, senior writer for The New York Times and winner of the Loeb Award; Steven Brill, Reuters columnist, author and founder of the Yale Journalism Initiative; Ian Bremmer, President of the Eurasia Group; James Ledbetter, Reuters Op-ed editor and author;
- Money Clip, with Lauren Young, personal finance editor and former editor at BusinessWeek and SmartMoney;
- Rough Cuts, with Jen Rogers, showcasing the remarkable news video that Reuters video journalists shoot around the world, allowing viewers to see and hear that video in greater depth than most television networks can offer;
- Decoder, explaining in succinct and surprising ways the key topics in the news, ranging from the debt ceiling to the Strait of Hormuz.
Stay tuned for some amazing content!