Express Scripts to Buy Medco for $29 Billion
Express Scripts Inc (ESRX-O) will buy rival Medco Health Solutions (MHS-N), joining together two of the Big 3 pharmacy benefit managers. The $29 billionprice tag consists of cash and stock, but it still needs to gain regulatory approval which may be difficult. Upon completion of the deal, ESRX shareholders willown 59% of the combined company, leaving 41% to MHS holders.
This report identifies the largest institutional investors of both companies.