Imagine some of the world’s most inspired and provocative thinkers, writers, artists, business people, educators, and other leaders all gathered together in the beautiful Colorado Rockies for one week to exchange knowledge and ideas. That’s the Aspen Ideas Festival, and we’re extremely excited to be back!
Whether or not you’re attending the event, you can participate in the discussion and exchange of ideas. We’ll be providing daily coverage, commentary and insights from the sessions here on the Thomson Reuters Knowledge Effect blog, as well as via Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+.
This year’s festival will attempt to answer a selection of “big questions”:
- In an election year, who will we “choose?”
- Is the economic crisis permanent?
- What are the prospects for democracy around the globe… starting with the US?
- How will we live in a world with seven billion people?
- In the 21st century, what role does art play?
- What do we believe and why?
- How will radically disruptive technology transform society?
We will be participating both onsite and online all around the Festival. Our Reuters News organization will have an onsite studio, broadcasting exclusive interviews with participants and speakers throughout the event. Several of our executives will be participating in a variety of conference sessions and panels:
- Chrystia Freeland will be interviewing David Cote (“An American Competitiveness Agenda with Honeywell’s CEO”) and Alan Krueger (“Recovering from Financial Crises”)
- James Powell will be discussing, “Will All This Data Make Us Better?” in an interview with Alexis Madrigal
- Monique Villa will participate in a panel discussion titled “Women Philanthropists: Doing it Differently” and moderate a panel titled “The Politics of Sex: What do Women Really Want”
- We will also host three Thomson Reuters Knowledge Exchange events: “Cracking the Genetic Code,” with Chris Kibarian as moderator; “Information’s Beautiful Future” moderated by James Powell; and “The New Professional Class” in which Deirdre Stanley will participate as a panelist.
We really do believe that the right information in the right hands leads to amazing things. We try to live that in our work every day, and it’s why we’re taking a leading role in this event. So get ready for an amazing week filled with big thinkers, ideas, discussions and solutions. We invite you to join the conversation here and on Twitter via #aspenideas.