Thomson Reuters International Fraud Awareness Week Twitter sweepstakes
Enter our sweepstakes between November 11 – 17, 2012 by simply including hashtag #trfraud in your tweet!
As part of our sponsorship of International Fraud Awareness Week, Thomson Reuters is conducting a Twitter Sweepstakes where three lucky winners will each receive a free one-year membership to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) valued at $150! Enter the sweepstakes by simply including our hashtag, #trfraud, in your tweet between November 11 -17.
Please find below, the official rules for the Thomson Reuters International Fraud Awareness Week Twitter Sweepstakes:
Thomson Reuters International Fraud Awareness Week Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Thomson Reuters International Fraud Awareness Week Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Thomson Reuters (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and such the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings and each of their spouses) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
2. Promotional Period: Sweepstakes begins November 11, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on November 17, 2012 at 11:00 p.m. ET (“Promotional Period”).
3. To Enter: You must have a non-private Twitter account. Send any Tweet via Twitter with the hashtag #trfraud during the Promotional Period. Tweets that do not include #trfraud will not be eligible for entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: one (1) entry per person/Twitter account. No other forms of entry are valid. Enter using only a Twitter account registered in your name. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Participants may not enter with multiple Twitter accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple Twitter accounts or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter.
4. Drawing/Winner Notification: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held, on or about November 19, 2012 from among all eligible entries. Potential winners will be notified by a direct Twitter message with instructions to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after notification for any reason, that potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner at random from all eligible entries received. Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Three (3) Prizes: a one-year ACFE membership. Approximate Retail Value: $150. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. ARV of prize is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of any prize will not be awarded. Winner must accept prize as stated, or prize may be forfeited. Prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes on prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Limit one prize per person.
6. General Conditions: Participants agree that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be released and held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Except where legally prohibited, by accepting a prize, winners grant permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of their name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with entry process or operation of Sweepstakes or Website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Sweepstakes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes, and determine winner from eligible entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
7. Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, or non-delivered entries or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by other Twitter users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Twitter Web site.
8. Governing Law: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York, New York.
9. Winners List: For a winners list, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to Thomson Reuters at 1410 Spring Hill Rd, Suite 450 Attn: Twitter Contest, McLean, VA 22102, for receipt by December 30, 2012.
Sponsor: Thomson Reuters